OPEN MODEL LICENSE Version 1.0 - 22 August 2008
The goals of the Open Model License (OML) are to stimulate development of collaborative Model projects, to support the Model creation efforts of the hobby community, and to provide a free and open framework in which Models may be shared and improved in partnership with others.
The OML allows the licensed Models to be used, studied, modified and redistributed freely. The Models and derivatives cannot be released under any other type of license.
"Model Design" refers to the shapes, parts and components expressed in files created and modified by the MyRCDesign and other design editing software. Typical files used to contain these Model Designs may include but are not limited to:
1. The proprietary binary RCD files created and modified by the MyRCDesign software.
2. The STEP file format. The STEP format is an open and standard format for the sharing of 3D models. (The MyRCDesign software’s Publish 3D Model process generates a STEP file containing a 3D assembly of the components in a Model Design.)
3. The SVG file format. This SVG format is an open and standard format for the sharing of vector graphics. (The MyRCDesign software’s Export SVG process generates a SVG format file for each Component of a Model Design.)
4. The RCPKG file format an archive file containing one or more files of other types, including those listed above.
"Original Version" refers to the collection of Model Design shapes, parts and components as distributed by the Copyright Holder(s).
"Modified Version" refers to any derivative made by adding to, deleting, or substituting -- in part or in whole -- any of the shapes, parts and components of the Original Version.
"Author" refers to any designer, engineer, modeler or other person who contributed to the Model Design.
PERMISSION & CONDITIONS
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person to use, study, copy, merge, embed, modify and redistribute copies of the Model Design, subject to the following conditions:
2) If the person performing the modifications shares the model with anyone then he or she also contributes the modified Model Design, in the RCD file format, to the community on MyRCDesigns.com.
3) The name(s) of the Copyright Holder(s) or the Author(s) of the Model Design shall not be used to promote, endorse or advertise any Modified Version, except to acknowledge the contribution(s) of the Copyright Holder(s) and the Author(s) or with their explicit written permission.
4) The Model Design, modified or unmodified, in part or in whole, must be distributed entirely under this license, and must not be distributed under any other license.
This license becomes null and void if any of the above conditions are not met.
THE MODEL DESIGN IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADEMARK, OR OTHER RIGHT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE MODEL DESIGN OR FROM OTHER DEALINGS IN THE MODEL DESIGN.